Photo

Rotapan... pro's and con's

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GoldRushJoe

GoldRushJoe
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:Gold,Guns,Hunting,Camping,You get the Idea..
  • Equipment:Electric Drywasher, Made by Gilaoro.Tesoro L.S.T. G-1 HighBanker.Keene P-90 pump

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:08 AM

As I look for more stuff to cram in my already full garage. Im looking at the Rotapan .Does anyone have one? if so what did you like, or dislike, about it . thanks. Joe..

P.s. I have read the post Rod put up on feb 10 2008 and the link to the video on the Rotapan.. but I want to talk to someone who has used it in AZ..

#2 Rod

Rod

Chief Imagination Officer and Nuggeteer

• Root Admin
  • 4,481 posts
  • Twitter:@AtomicNumber79
  • Interests:Humor, laugh at myself all the time.
  • Equipment:GP Extreme, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT (sold to AZBill), Keene 140 Drywasher, Super Hi-Vac, Ford 4x4s, Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4, Keene RC1 Rock Crusher, Hard Rock Mining Tools

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

I know a guy who has one and have used it a few times when out with him, it works but not sure if I would buy one as I could think of other methods to accomplish the same thing with less effort.

Seemed like a quality made product.

#3 ~LARGO~

~LARGO~
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Gold & coin detecting, meteorites
  • Equipment:GPX5000,Fisher F75SE Gold Bug 2,Whites XLT Spectrum, Troy Shadow 2,Garrett Pro-Pinpointer, Thompson Puffer Drywasher,Apex Picks,Walco Serial Killer Pick,all goldpans known to mankind,x-ray vision one way mirror sunglasses

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

Hello,

I just happened to see the discussion on the Rotapan, and just so happens I have a brand new one, still in the box, that I will sell for $165.00 shipped.

So if you are interested, give me a shout, and I will get back with you.
I am drastically downsizing, due to some unforseen family matters, and need to get
some things moved.

~LARGO~

#4 GoldRushJoe

GoldRushJoe
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:Gold,Guns,Hunting,Camping,You get the Idea..
  • Equipment:Electric Drywasher, Made by Gilaoro.Tesoro L.S.T. G-1 HighBanker.Keene P-90 pump

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:19 PM

Thnx Rod, as I get older less effort is key..Largo sounds like a great deal.Can you tell me the reasons you got the rotapan ?

#5 ~LARGO~

~LARGO~
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Gold & coin detecting, meteorites
  • Equipment:GPX5000,Fisher F75SE Gold Bug 2,Whites XLT Spectrum, Troy Shadow 2,Garrett Pro-Pinpointer, Thompson Puffer Drywasher,Apex Picks,Walco Serial Killer Pick,all goldpans known to mankind,x-ray vision one way mirror sunglasses

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

Hi Goldrush Joe,

The reason why I got the rotapan was because the way it is constructed seems to make sense, and my biggest reason why I bought it, was because I could wet pan in the desert, using a minimum of water, and still process gravels, and hopefully some gold, and I was a metal detector dealer, and wanted to have another gold finding option available.
So I bought two, and have one in new condition.

To be quite honest, I only used the thing one time, and did get some black sand, garnets, and a few flakes of gold, but the area I used the thing was only a test area, and didn't prove to be overly productive. The reviews of people that have used them, seem to like them, but I guess the real test is when a person can try one out for themselves.

You might want to go to the rotapan website, and do some reading there.

Hope this helps!

~LARGO~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users