• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fortune998

Fortune998
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

Has anyone here built a Trommel?

I have seen some on the net and someone selling plans on how to build a trommel.

#2 pickNgold

pickNgold
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:28 AM

You may have already seen it, but search ..Bill and Linda's prospecting page(plans) for trommels....good luck

Bryon

#3 michael88

michael88
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, camping, exploring new areas, and just plain driving.
  • Equipment:4000gpx, drywasher

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

I have looked into making a trommel. My grandfather-in-law had a large one and it was awesome. I want to make one and have looked at plans. It takes some serious work to make one, but in the end, worth it. When he would turn the engine on and start tossing in dirt with the skip loader, thats when the excitement started.

Buy the plans, follow the plans exactly and you won't be disappointed if your in the right place.

#4 Desert Rat

Desert Rat
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Prospecting

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (michael88 @ Feb 26 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have looked into making a trommel. My grandfather-in-law had a large one and it was awesome. I want to make one and have looked at plans. It takes some serious work to make one, but in the end, worth it. When he would turn the engine on and start tossing in dirt with the skip loader, thats when the excitement started.

Buy the plans, follow the plans exactly and you won't be disappointed if your in the right place.

Ive got one Im building From Plans I down loaded from somewhere, cant remember right off hand. Its not to hard, takes some thinking because Im not building it to their specs exactly. Ill see if I can find them again

#5 Desert Rat

Desert Rat
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Prospecting

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Desert Rat @ Mar 28 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive got one Im building From Plans I down loaded from somewhere, cant remember right off hand. Its not to hard, takes some thinking because Im not building it to their specs exactly. Ill see if I can find them again

Ive been looking but cant seem to find them. If I come acrossed them Ill send them to you

#6 Fortune998

Fortune998
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Desert Rat @ Apr 4 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive been looking but cant seem to find them. If I come acrossed them Ill send them to you

Thanks Desert Rat... send them if you find them. Appreciate it.

#7 old timer83

old timer83
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

Has anyone here built a Trommel?

I have seen some on the net and someone selling plans on how to build a trommel.

see montana trommel [this forum] i know bill and linda and admire them both. their trommels work well, however too pricey for my shallow pocket! send e-mail or phone# for more on home built trommels. bye

#8 okiecowboy49

okiecowboy49
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:54 AM

I know you have probably already done it but I googled " trommel plans " and got all kinds of results

#9 Gilaoro

Gilaoro

AMERICAN MILITARY MEMBER and MAJOR MINER

• Prospector / Miner
  • 1,064 posts
  • Interests:Gold prospecting-Meeting people- Helping miners-Everyday Living.

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:48 AM

There are some on U tube that show how to make the reverse helix for the drum, I tried the method and was easily able to reproduce the drum for a MT Goat trommel using hand tools.
A reverse helix trommel from large PVC is my next project, 12 to 24 inch is available, free if you can find a large water line job and get the scrap pieces

Max.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users