• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fishinbobo

Fishinbobo
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 35 posts
  • Equipment:Tesoro lobo st, drywasher, vac-pac

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:34 PM

I have yet to get out do any prospecting yet. I am dying to get out and atleast attempt to find some flakes. In 2 weeks I will have access to a claim in mayer, however I really dont want to wait that long. My question is... is the lynx lake area a good area to start? I know you cannot have anything but pan, shovel, and bucket, but can you take a chissel and hammer and break up the bedrock or is that not allowed either? also does anyone know if the water is running or not or do I need to take some out with me?

Also I have my 3 and 5 year old boys with me, is that area ok to take the kids with me. I want to get them into it with me but I have never been there so I thought I would ask first?

Also any tips would be greatly appreciated(not locations not trying to steal anyones spot) but basic tips for that area would help. Thanks for ANY help!!!

#2 Adam

Adam

• Prospector / Miner
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

Lynx creek should be a great place to take kids. Just give them a briefing on rattlesnakes that do frequent the area. Get down into the guts of the creek, stay on bedrock ,and open crevaces....Take a small prybar, it is much easier than using a chisel & hammer.....

Good luck down there...lots of gold to be had..

#3 Gilaoro

Gilaoro

AMERICAN MILITARY MEMBER and MAJOR MINER

• Prospector / Miner
  • 1,064 posts
  • Interests:Gold prospecting-Meeting people- Helping miners-Everyday Living.

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:17 AM

Fishinbobo,
Rockhound is giving you the straight scoop on Lynx Creek.

Check this post from 2008.

http://www.arizonago...p;hl=Lynx Creek

#4 mrfrogdude

mrfrogdude
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

Well there are three main access points to lynx. Lower Lynx is in p.v. and you can access it from stoneridge bridge. Then you have the panning spot a little ways in on Walker road. Past the lake is bannie mine road, it crosses the creek.

Any of those spots are great to start, but dont be afraid to walk a ways before testing. Many people just start digging 20 feet from their truck. Also, if you plan to hit bedrock in one day(that hasnt already been cleaned off), prepare to dig a 2-4 foot deep hole. : )

There is water there right now, should be for a while.

Mark

#5 Fishinbobo

Fishinbobo
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 35 posts
  • Equipment:Tesoro lobo st, drywasher, vac-pac

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:02 AM

Thanks for the help. Looks like saturday at lynx creek will be my FIRST time to get out prospecting. Hopefully I will have something good to post and maybe a pic or two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users