• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chargersfanjw

chargersfanjw
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gold Prospecting

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:08 PM

Has anyone been prospecting around this area or have any info about it. I was reading an old book and it mentioned it. But I have never heard anyone talk about it. It's pretty close to home, so I was going to take a trip down and look around. Thanks for any info you can share.

#2 Adam

Adam

• Prospector / Miner
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

Hey chargersfan,
That sure is a broad vague area you brought up. Where are the Mojave Mountains? You could start by looking up the lode mines and their principle commodity in the area you want to investigate. The DeskTop Prospector can help you with that. Personally I would start investigating the Hualupai Mountains for open gold bearing property..Known for some nice wire gold I think ;) :brows:

#3 Quartzsite-Tom

Quartzsite-Tom
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:21 PM

I've been down there a bit , alot of claims , mostly copper .

#4 Bob T.

Bob T.
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 448 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

chargersfanjw,

There is an old mine that had some good gold and a bit of nugget area but its on the North side of the river. The area is a bit rough and hard to get into. To give you a hint, its also very, very close & you may be just over the boundary line of a wilderness area. Anyway once you get in there you are very well hidden.
Now understand, that's just what I have been told. :D

Bob T.

#5 chargersfanjw

chargersfanjw
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gold Prospecting

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:26 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Like I said, I read it in a book as a good spot to look but have never heard anyone talk about it. You guys are full of info so I thought I would ask here to see what I would be up against. I looked on google earth (propector power pack) and it looks like there are a lot of claims in the area. None are gpaa that I know of. I did'nt see any thing in the book. Maybe the Havasu Gold Seekers have a claim down there, they are the local club. Again thanks for the info.

Newbie John

#6 montana

montana
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:09 AM

I prospected that area years ago when I lived in Lake Havasu city, with no luck at all . There is rumored placer gold north of the Planet ranch. South of the planet ranch there are lots of copper mines and prospects. Good rockhounding though, I found some huge clear feldspar crystals, fire agate, geodes, garnets on the north side of the river. Not a fun place in the summer though.----Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users