Photo

GPAA

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Prescott Gold Hunter

Prescott Gold Hunter
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Living Life. Looking for history and looking for gold. Bein outdoors. Family is cool. Respecting and learning from elders.
  • Equipment:RDH recirculating Highbanker, Pick, Pan, Shovel, Oh and a Plastic "Treasure Scoop" magnets, classifiers and twig and berries

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:05 PM

I was just thinking of joining them. only 67.50. let me know wat you guys think!

#2 Arkyrick

Arkyrick
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:There is nothing that can't be cured by a mason jar filled with shine cept the shine in the bottom of your pan

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

I joined the GPAA after I moved to AR. several years ago I didn't know anyone who had prospected and it was a good way for me to meet others who had the same interests and to go on outings, It's a good way to meet other prospectors as far as that goes any prospecting club would be a good choice, to be honest you dont have to be a member of the GPAA to go to their meetings or outings.

#3 Prescott Gold Hunter

Prescott Gold Hunter
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Living Life. Looking for history and looking for gold. Bein outdoors. Family is cool. Respecting and learning from elders.
  • Equipment:RDH recirculating Highbanker, Pick, Pan, Shovel, Oh and a Plastic "Treasure Scoop" magnets, classifiers and twig and berries

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:07 AM

Well I was asking more to find out if they have any claims in the Prescott arizona area, like the Bradshaws for instance. So I can use my highbanker and sluicebox etc..

#4 Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:23 AM

PGH...GPAA has lots of claims from the area West of Rock Springs all the way nearly to Prescott...Road runners do too...Joining either club would give you enough ground to hunt for several years...Join both and you'll probably never cover it all...Cheers, Unc

#5 houndog

houndog
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:02 PM

Well I was asking more to find out if they have any claims in the Prescott arizona area, like the Bradshaws for instance. So I can use my highbanker and sluicebox etc..

Hey Prescott gold hunter, I live in the prescott golf and country club in dewey and am a member of the GPAA . There are three claims in the mayer /dewey area. the Double JJ ,the Soldier boy which are next to each other and the firehouse a ways further down the road .Ive heard they all have fines and a few small nuggets now and then. haven't had time to go check them out yet. there are several more rite on down to the valley .I have the maps to all the claims the GPAA have. If you want to check them out give me shout sometime and we'll give it a shot. I always do well at lynx and I have a small stream on private property that is down stream from a couple of old gold mines, hit it once but need to go back and do some real work. CURT P.S> Hate runnin around the bonnies by myself.

#6 Rod

Rod

Chief Imagination Officer and Nuggeteer

• Root Admin
  • 4,481 posts
  • Twitter:@AtomicNumber79
  • Interests:Humor, laugh at myself all the time.
  • Equipment:GP Extreme, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT (sold to AZBill), Keene 140 Drywasher, Super Hi-Vac, Ford 4x4s, Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4, Keene RC1 Rock Crusher, Hard Rock Mining Tools

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:12 PM

If they still have the claims out by Black Canyon City near Slate Creek those are known nugget producers.

#7 Guest_IMPDLN_*

Guest_IMPDLN_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:00 AM

To answer your question, the GPAA does have some good claims up towards Prescott where you can highbank and sluice, however these activities will still be seasonal most years. My guess is they have over 2,000 acres of claims with moving water on them between Phx and Prescott right at this moment. You can use up to a 3inch dredge on most of them.....not all. Nothing motorized on Firehouse, but it is least likely claim to have running water on it except when it is raining. A few of the claims can be accessed with 2wd, but high clearance is very helpful. Some of the claims you better have a good 4x4 and be ready to taste your shorts getting to the claim itself. Getting back out might be worse, so they ain't all easy to reach and some are darn near impossible, depending on current conditions. They still carry gold, no matter how many people you might hear say they don't. Been a member a few years now, and haven't had any problem covering membership with my finds. Now I may not be covering the rest of my investment, but my GPAA memberships have paid for themselves every year so far. Dennis

#8 materialove

materialove
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting, Nascar, Camping

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:15 PM

The Calamity #9 claim is where I went last year. used a sluice box found some fines. Had to walk in was not to bad my grand daughter carryed my sluice box and buckets in for me. The walk in was down hill not to bad. The walk out was uphill. When we got home, she said her legs were sore from walking. I told her mine did not hurt at all. They were really killing me, but I never told her. ha ha

#9 lazy prospector

lazy prospector
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:12 PM

I was just thinking of joining them. only 67.50. let me know wat you guys think!

When I was a member I used to pound the shit out of Double JJ :Various_Artists-punk: not lots of free flowing gold though have pulled a 2.5 grammer there and pickers the gold has a copper tint to it atleast the small stuff here is a clue about that claim there isnt much black sand your signs are lead and these little metal pieces youll know when you see them. Solidier boy is the same way not hardly any heavies like what you are used to see firre house not hardley any water but there is colour there hope this helps they are close by good luck pm me if you have any other questions i will try to help you out. Jason

#10 Prescott Gold Hunter

Prescott Gold Hunter
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:26 PM

I am not a member as of yet but could you point me in the right direction from Prescott if I decide to become a member and Hit up one of these sites?
jason

#11 lazy prospector

lazy prospector
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 146 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:00 AM

I am not a member as of yet but could you point me in the right direction from Prescott if I decide to become a member and Hit up one of these sites?
jason

take 69 to the town of humboldt there is a chevron station on the left hand side pass it and take your next right youll pass a junk yard stay on that dirt road untill the power line crosses the road make a left follow that rd the 2nd road on the left wll take you to the creek there is water there now i beleive cant remember what claim that is but they arent marked any other question pm me. Jason

#12 johnb

johnb
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Gold prospecting, Metal Detecting with White's gold Master.New Age Mining AU-130 Trommel. Looking for claim to work full time. Involved in prospecting for four years. Love to travel around U.S. and Canada. Used to hike out east a lot. Spiritual subjects, meditating, enlightenment. Slot machine junkie
  • Equipment:GMT, Sluices, pro-gold drywasher.-gas vac

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hey Prescott gold hunter, I live in the prescott golf and country club in dewey and am a member of the GPAA . There are three claims in the mayer /dewey area. the Double JJ ,the Soldier boy which are next to each other and the firehouse a ways further down the road .Ive heard they all have fines and a few small nuggets now and then. haven't had time to go check them out yet. there are several more rite on down to the valley .I have the maps to all the claims the GPAA have. If you want to check them out give me shout sometime and we'll give it a shot. I always do well at lynx and I have a small stream on private property that is down stream from a couple of old gold mines, hit it once but need to go back and do some real work. CURT P.S> Hate runnin around the bonnies by myself.

Im heading to arizona in april. Looking for someone to hang out with and prospect. I have a White's Goldmaster GMT detector, a couple sluices and pans. Anyone looking for company in the greater prescott area, or anywhere there is some good prospecting sites. Let me know!! John B.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users