• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bado1

bado1

Greenhorn

• Prospector / Miner
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:36 PM

Sluicing season is finally here and it looks like a very promising one this year! I've got A51 sized sluice and I'm looking to get a bigger one for more production. I'm intrigued with the Angus Mackirk line and the the Bazooka Gold Trap Sluice (sluice, not the dredge! Check out the Youtube video). Anybody ever use either one? What are your thoughts? Seems like they both make clean up much easier and the Bazooka classifies while running material as well thus saving a step (if it works :shrug: ). ???

Thanks!

Dean

#2 Mingusmtn

Mingusmtn
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:prospecting-hiking-photography-exploring-learning

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

Dean, don't buy into the rotogizmo train of thought - see that video on building a sluice box. Make one as big as you need! :lol:

Doug :D

#3 bado1

bado1

Greenhorn

• Prospector / Miner
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

Dean, don't buy into the rotogizmo train of thought - see that video on building a sluice box. Make one as big as you need! :lol:

Doug :D

Ha ha, Doug!
I knew I could count on you for a straight answer! :pop:
That is actually what I was wondering... is the rotogizmobazookasluicemajig just that, or does it actually work?
Wouldn't be great not to have to classify!? Save a step and step up production. Just not a lot of real world experience info on it so I'm looking for some. Anyone?

I've seen alot of good reviews on the Angus Mackirk and the Le Trap sluices especially for fine gold recovery and really concentrating the cons down. And light too.

Dean

#4 GoldRushJoe

GoldRushJoe
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:Gold,Guns,Hunting,Camping,You get the Idea..
  • Equipment:Electric Drywasher, Made by Gilaoro.Tesoro L.S.T. G-1 HighBanker.Keene P-90 pump

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

Dean, If money is no object. then also ck out www.Boilerbox.com. D'arcy Cooper makes a great box,and highbankers as well. Joe brehm

#5 Don Smith

Don Smith
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:35 PM

Sluicing season is finally here and it looks like a very promising one this year! I've got A51 sized sluice and I'm looking to get a bigger one for more production. I'm intrigued with the Angus Mackirk line and the the Bazooka Gold Trap Sluice (sluice, not the dredge! Check out the Youtube video). Anybody ever use either one? What are your thoughts? Seems like they both make clean up much easier and the Bazooka classifies while running material as well thus saving a step (if it works :shrug: ). ???

Thanks!

Dean

HIHiHi

#6 Don Smith

Don Smith
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:09 PM

HI club members, 5 months Ago I Used the Bazooka gold trap , the small tester one, It works very, very good, I liked it so well, I drove to Placerville Ca. To where they are maded and brought the tester model and the prospector model, They both work very well, They self classify , you can run theses fast and fast clean up. Theses are great sluices I would not buy any other type. you will love it . here is the phone no. to talk to the maker.530-621-4996 his name is Todd. The web site is www.bazookagoldtrap.com. Thank you Don Smith With the Eastbay prospectors Concord Ca.

#7 frank c

frank c
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Meteorites ,Gold , Exploring
  • Equipment:Detectors Drywashers Etc.

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:52 AM

Interesting video Don, on the bazooka website thanks.

#8 bado1

bado1

Greenhorn

• Prospector / Miner
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:25 AM

Thanks Don!

I spoke with Adam at Bazooka Gold Trap. He was very patient and answered all of my skeptical questions very thoroughly. There is alot of info on them on 49er Mike's forum. The members there gave them good reviews as well.

The reason I'm wary about buying one is because Arizona isn't exactly known for it's water flow. Adam and the other guys on 49er Mike's said that these sluices need a pretty good amount of flow to make them operate properly. The claim that we work on the Hassayampa has excellent water flow for only a couple of months a year and it is one of the better drainages in Az. The $200.00 price tag for the Prospector model would probably be better spent on a highbanker (IMO) here in AZ. as it would get a lot more use (can be used even in standing water)with all of the same benefits as the Bazooka except portability. The Bazooka is a great concept and if $ were no object I'd have one. I just can't justify having a piece of equipment that couldn't be used most of the time. Gotta make the most of any piece of equipment in these $ challenged times.

Don, please keep us posted about the Bazooka! Thanks.

Dean

#9 Herb

Herb
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Detecting-Prospecting
    Racing RC Boats
    Camping

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:09 AM

Hey Dean
You may want to check out www.advancedminingequipment.com
I know Joe and will vouch for him, just don't know that much
about high bankers.

Regards
Herb

#10 tvanwho

tvanwho
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:04 PM

I ordered me a Bazooka 3 weeks ago by phone, still don't have it yet and can no longer get anybody to answer the phone there or email me back as to where my sluice box is? Are they on vacation, out mining, or out of business? I need that sluice and they have my money already, what to do? Found a good spot in Indiana in January on Gold Creek with our club with my copper dowsing rods. 1st pan had 4 colors, 2nd pan had 7 colors, 3rd pan had 13 colors,fast water, lots of green and red rocks lying there-iron ores.The gold got coarser after I dug thru a brown clay layer but damn that water was ice cold in January!! Glad I brought my insulated shoulder length gloves for sure.
Do any of you Arizona prospectors use divining/dowsing rods to locate your gold spots? I know Rod experimented some with them years ago.Will see if my attachment works with the gold I got with my rods,not much but its a good start for the year.

-Tom

Thanks Don!

I spoke with Adam at Bazooka Gold Trap. He was very patient and answered all of my skeptical questions very thoroughly. There is alot of info on them on 49er Mike's forum. The members there gave them good reviews as well.

The reason I'm wary about buying one is because Arizona isn't exactly known for it's water flow. Adam and the other guys on 49er Mike's said that these sluices need a pretty good amount of flow to make them operate properly. The claim that we work on the Hassayampa has excellent water flow for only a couple of months a year and it is one of the better drainages in Az. The $200.00 price tag for the Prospector model would probably be better spent on a highbanker (IMO) here in AZ. as it would get a lot more use (can be used even in standing water)with all of the same benefits as the Bazooka except portability. The Bazooka is a great concept and if $ were no object I'd have one. I just can't justify having a piece of equipment that couldn't be used most of the time. Gotta make the most of any piece of equipment in these $ challenged times.

Don, please keep us posted about the Bazooka! Thanks.

Dean

#11 russfordAZ

russfordAZ
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 835 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

If anyone is interested in one of the "Original" Bazooka gold dredges in a 3" size for about $600 (less pump), give me a shout.
It's excellent for low water conditions and light to carry. ...russ

#12 tvanwho

tvanwho
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:21 PM

Gold I got at spot found with homemade copper dowsing rods in Indiana,Jan 2010.
See if this works this time?

-Tom

Attached Thumbnails

• 1st gold from GOLD CREEK, Bradford Woods, found with dowsing rod 002.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users