Photo

The Gold Exorcist

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Goldeagle

Goldeagle
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Gold prospecting , working on my claims .Exploring , Metal detecting old mining camps around my claims .

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

We had a chance to run 2 1/2 five gallon buckets of material from one of our claims thru the standard size Exorcist . We ran the material two times ,the grid ( filter ) was cleaned and the cons panned . The result was fine gold and a small amount of black sand . We then ran the tailings thru our Gold Buddy drywasher one time , the result was our black sand which contains gold and some fine gold . We ran one coffee can of black sand from our claim which contains fine gold thru the Exorcist .It recovered alot of our gold and some gold bearing black sand . I panned one cup of tails from the black sand run ,results showed fine gold .It is suggested that material to be run thru the Exercist be screened to 1/8 size . the blower set on idle , that the material runs at 1/4 inch above grid .This requires that idle to be set up higher ,the blower trigger does not have a set so you must rig the trigger to set above idle . So to cut this short I would buy a good drywasher before I purchased The Exorcist . You have to run your screening tails thru another machine to save pickers ,nuggets and gold bearing black sand .

Edited by Goldeagle, 11 February 2010 - 08:07 PM.

#2 bado1

bado1

Greenhorn

• Prospector / Miner
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:12 AM

Thanks for the run down on the Exorsist!
The thing that turned me off right away on that machine was how small you have to classify down to. Definately does not sound like a guy could move much dirt with that machine. Classifying, although necessary, is another step that slows down production. So, the less the better, IMO. A machine with a grizzly that can handle larger material shoveled or dumped in is the way to go.
At some point I believe you have to give up some of the fine stuff to step up production and, in the end, net more gold. Thanks again.

Dean

#3 Goldeagle

Goldeagle
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Gold prospecting , working on my claims .Exploring , Metal detecting old mining camps around my claims .

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:27 PM

Thanks for the reply , to add to my topic , I did contact the owner designer ,his instruction where as follows screen down to 1/8 and run the blower at idle .this ploulan blower does not have a trigger set So I had to rig the trigger to get some more air volumne . The tests that Exorcist provides ,says to pick the pickers out of the screen ,the amount of tails just makes this one more operation . We had more than one gram of pickers and several small pea size nuggets , (typical of the one claim ) in the screening tails after we ran these tails thru our sluice system .. Also tests suggest that you screen out about 8 buckets . This does not save our black sands which are gold bearing . So for my operation I have to stay with my 12 ft. sluice , So my opinion is that the Gold Exorcist is not a bad gold recoverie machine , so if you can use it in your prospecting ,buy one . It took a lot of work and designing to produce and it is definitly bullet proof .My hat off to the owner designer. Nuf Said Don

#4 Rod

Rod

Chief Imagination Officer and Nuggeteer

• Root Admin
  • 4,481 posts
  • Twitter:@AtomicNumber79
  • Interests:Humor, laugh at myself all the time.
  • Equipment:GP Extreme, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT (sold to AZBill), Keene 140 Drywasher, Super Hi-Vac, Ford 4x4s, Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4, Keene RC1 Rock Crusher, Hard Rock Mining Tools

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:41 PM

In my opinion the Exorcist is more of a final clean up tool than anything one would use for prospecting, never owned one but have seen them. Of course water methods are the best by far for clean ups like a Spiral Panner, Blue Bowl etc. Just my 2 cents

#5 Lotsa Luck

Lotsa Luck
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

IMHO it is a big pile of crap as a real prospecting tool and every time I have tried one it lost more gold than it captured. The maker has a real issue when you tell anyone of your test results and make threats of legal action to shut you up. If you want to waste all your time screening everything down to 1/8 minus and then run it all through a few times while running the 1/8 plus through a real drywasher then go for it. My time is better spent with most any other real drywasher.

#6 Adam

Adam

• Prospector / Miner
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

Don, Thank You for your review of the Exorcist.....Its appreciated!

#7 maui

maui

Living in Paradise

• Living in Paradise
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:fishing, diving, enjoying the great out doors.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

thanks much for the info. it is appreciated very much. take care. ron

#8 frank c

frank c
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Meteorites ,Gold , Exploring
  • Equipment:Detectors Drywashers Etc.

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

My 2cents for drywashing is called "Ol Yeller".
It gets nugs, pickers, fines, and micron is caught in the bellows compartment.

Attached Thumbnails

• olyeller.jpg

#9 Goldeagle

Goldeagle
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:17 PM

Lotsa luck , You a right on to many extra steps , one report states , you can pick out pickers from the screened material , I tryed that ,just another operation that takes time . I can't see running the tails thru my drywasher or sluice to recover my valuable black sands , another added operation . When I talked to the owner he did ask me to write a report , so this is it my opinion . Nuf Said Don

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users