Another simple and easy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sojerboy

sojerboy
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

Hi guys, new to this forum but lovin' it so far. Here is something I make for brekky nearly every day. I use an electric griddle but works just as well on a cast iron skillet or whatever will keep the eggs from getting away.

Take a slice of bread and lay it on a plate or cutting board. I use a jelly jar turned upside down to press the center out of the bread. Makes a nice round cut. Reserve the center. Lay the bread with the hole in it on the griddle and break an egg into the hole. Butter the middle piece you cut from the bread and cook it with the rest but seperately. Flip it over when it is to your liking. Flip the center and toast the other side. I like to add a slice of cheese to the egg and bread after I flip it. I usually have 2, stacked like hotcakes. Like Tony the Tiger says, "They're GRREEEAAAATTTTT!"
sojerboy

#2 3rdgear

3rdgear
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Old West,
  • Equipment:Gold Pans, Falcon Metal Detector(MD20), Bucket Sluice Concentrators(2), BlueBowl, Burro pick, rock hammer, pocket dredge, GoldnSand dredge, Catch it II Water Table

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

Sounds good sojerboy. I'm gonna havta try that out.

:coffeetime:

#3 Adam

Adam

• Prospector / Miner
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

Yup , i still make something similar...We used to call them birds nests as kids growing up.. I too, do the cheese just before thier done...

#4 frank c

frank c
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Meteorites ,Gold , Exploring
  • Equipment:Detectors Drywashers Etc.

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:09 AM

Yup them birdsnests are great toasted up golden brow, been makin them for the kids when they were little. Good Stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users