Photo

Claims on BLM land

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Walt (Anchorage)

Walt (Anchorage)
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 223 posts
  • Location:Anchorage, AK & San Tan Valley, AZ. Claims in the Ruby Mining district, Alaska
  • Interests:Prospecting, Flying and Gold Rush history.
  • Equipment:GB2, MXT, TDI, 3' dredge

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Is there currently a way to see BLM claims, in Arizona, on line or do you have to go to a BLM office to research claims?

Does Arizona have state claims or is it all rent/lease?

#2 Pete247

Pete247
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:offroading, camping, fishing (myfavorite) family and friends
  • Equipment:spiralwheel and a gold pan

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

Thats a good question that i need the answer to aswell.....ive been to the blm web site and didnt find anything but im not real good at the computer stuff....

#3 IMPDLN

IMPDLN
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting
    Flyfishing
  • Equipment:Lots of stuff

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

You can check county records online, but BLM requires a trip to downtown Phoenix. Dennis

#4 Walt (Anchorage)

Walt (Anchorage)
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 223 posts
  • Location:Anchorage, AK & San Tan Valley, AZ. Claims in the Ruby Mining district, Alaska

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

I need some help. I'll soon be in AZ for two weeks and want to spend at least a day prospecting/detecting an area that looks interesting, I don't have a lot of time to do research at the BLM. The woman I live with always has other plans for me.

I got the Lat/long from Google Earth. Converted it to township, range and section with earthpoint.us. Then I searched that in the Pinal county records online. I found there were some claims in the 1980s but nothing filed since and the documents themselves were not available online. Now I'm not sure how to determine the ownership status of the land. How do I find out if it's state, county, BLM or "other" controlled land without a trip to downtown Phoenix? I could probably swing a trip to the county courthouse in Florence to check the records but the marriage license office is in that same building so I'd rather not go there.

I appreciate any help or suggestions you can offer.

#5 IMPDLN

IMPDLN
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting
    Flyfishing
  • Equipment:Lots of stuff

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Most good topo maps will show if it's blm, nfs or private. You can check the state online I think and see if it's state trust land which means no prospecting. I'm not sure how up to date or accurate pinal county records are online so maybe somebody else here might chime in on that. BLM must be checked out at downtown Phoenix office for anything in the state for claim info. PLSS for pinal county may or may not show some helpful info.....not likely if your spot is well away form the populous. Dennis

#6 CLAIM JUMPER

CLAIM JUMPER
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

There is a post about this pinned at the top of this forum

#7 helispaz

helispaz
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Fabrication and Small Engine Repair. My shop does both fabricating aluminum gold mining equipment, golf cart accessories, offroad parts and repairing small engines. We are also an authorized Jobe dealer if anyone needs anything. We got into small engine service almost by accident. People needed service and parts for pumps and blowers so we added the repair facility. The shop is an Authorized Briggs and Stratton Dealership servicing mowers, pumps, pressure washers & generators. We also handle Tanaka parts & service, Echo parts & service, Hale pumps, Waterous pumps and Wajax fire pumps.
  • Equipment:Drywashers, Wet Recirc, clean up sluice, Highly modified off road golf cart, 2 Honda XR's & 2 F250 4x4's w/7.3's!!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Good day, I'm was a BLM employee (firefighter) for 8 years before my injury. There is no online information about mining claims, everything is at the individual field offices for the area your interested in. You will need to physically go into your local field or district office to get information.

I hope this helps and more questions please feel free to contact me and I'll see if I can help.

Chris

#8 Walt (Anchorage)

Walt (Anchorage)
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Thanks for the replys. I thought I was probably going to have to go to BLM for mining records. They can't make it easy.

As it turned out, when I found the right map, the place I was interested in was on Indian land so that was out.

#9 Rod

Rod

Chief Imagination Officer and Nuggeteer

• Root Admin
  • 4,480 posts
  • Twitter:@AtomicNumber79
  • Interests:Humor, laugh at myself all the time.
  • Equipment:GP Extreme, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT (sold to AZBill), Keene 140 Drywasher, Super Hi-Vac, Ford 4x4s, Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4, Keene RC1 Rock Crusher, Hard Rock Mining Tools

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

If you still have that map I sent you Walt :icon_mrgreen:

#10 Walt (Anchorage)

Walt (Anchorage)
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Rod,
This trip I was just looking for somewhere closer to explore. I do still have that map and plan to get out there eventually. From what I can tell it's BLM land but I wan't sure if there are any claims in the area. When I come back this summer I should have time to go down to the BLM office and check on that and some other areas that look interesting.

#11 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

I ran across a website that's called "Minecache.com" and it links up with google earth for a good view and it's supposed to be fairly new so i gave it a shot and while it will show all mines you have a link on the left side that says "BLM Mine Claim Records Active" when i clicked on that all the active blm claims came up including the names of the person that owns the claim. I'm fairly neww at this gold stuff so maybe somebody more experienced will see something that i don't but just had to pass this link along....... Oh by the way it's free for seven days and they didn't ask for any credit card or personal info to download it.....was very interesting to me.
Hope this helps someone and you need to have google earth already on your computer to make this work
Joe
http://www.minecache.com/

#12 Rod

Rod

Chief Imagination Officer and Nuggeteer

• Root Admin
  • 4,480 posts
  • Twitter:@AtomicNumber79
  • Interests:Humor, laugh at myself all the time.
  • Equipment:GP Extreme, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT (sold to AZBill), Keene 140 Drywasher, Super Hi-Vac, Ford 4x4s, Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4, Keene RC1 Rock Crusher, Hard Rock Mining Tools

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Its very similar to the currently not available power pack but minecache does not display real time data, but rather old cached data...just fyi

The power pack would display identical data if it were live again.

#13 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thanks...... didn't know that.
Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users