5 replies to this topic

#1 Pete247

Pete247
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:offroading, camping, fishing (myfavorite) family and friends
  • Equipment:spiralwheel and a gold pan

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

Im sure some of you have run into this...just about anyone who comes over notices my prospecting equipment hard to miss its everywhere soon as they see it the questions or mocking starts....the mocking i can handel with a quick show of my gold but what follows by all is bucketes of dirt and a "hey i grabbed this of the side of the road lets run it thru your thingy and see if theres gold in it" .... now idk about you guys but the bucketes and people are starting to where on me to the point where im gonna have to be rude about it and i dont want to im screwed.....its just a hobby why cant they get that... i go to work every day to go out and work on my day off they just dont see that .....arrrg sry for the rant...

#2 Walt (Anchorage)

Walt (Anchorage)
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 224 posts
  • Location:Anchorage, AK & San Tan Valley, AZ. Claims in the Ruby Mining district, Alaska
  • Interests:Prospecting, Flying and Gold Rush history.
  • Equipment:GB2, MXT, TDI, 3' dredge

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Well, what are friends for if you can't use 'em? :hmmmmmm: I don't have a good answer for you but is there ever any gold in the dirt they have you run? Oh, and by the way I have a bucket of dirt if you could... OK. Never mind.

#3 Rod

Rod

Chief Imagination Officer and Nuggeteer

• Root Admin
  • 4,482 posts
  • Twitter:@AtomicNumber79
  • Interests:Humor, laugh at myself all the time.
  • Equipment:GP Extreme, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT (sold to AZBill), Keene 140 Drywasher, Super Hi-Vac, Ford 4x4s, Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4, Keene RC1 Rock Crusher, Hard Rock Mining Tools

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Only know how I would handle it...Put your dirt there and I'll get around to it near the end of the day...maybe ;) Seriously :)

#4 Pete247

Pete247
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

Nope there has been zero gold in there bucketes...well i should say my bucketes..... ive been tellin them ill doit for the buckete and a lid ....hehehe...lol then to make it stop i invite them out to shovel and toil and walk out and about an hour later they start to have better things to do.....took my buddy paul he was gone in about 2hrs ...lol

#5 Walt (Anchorage)

Walt (Anchorage)
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 224 posts
  • Location:Anchorage, AK & San Tan Valley, AZ. Claims in the Ruby Mining district, Alaska
  • Interests:Prospecting, Flying and Gold Rush history.
  • Equipment:GB2, MXT, TDI, 3' dredge

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

After thinking about it I figure it's only human nature for people to expect their friends to do things for them and to reciprocate. I used to own an auto repair shop and when my friends had problems with their car they called me for help. I have a friend who is a plumber. When I needed a new water heater I called him. I have an airplane and have a friend who owns a remote fishing lodge. I fly supplies for him and my family and I stay free at his lodge. The one time you likely won't have any friends is when you need money. Wish I had a friend who owns a bank...

If you feel like your being taken advantage of. Why not find out what their speciality is and encroch on their free time? Or at least hang around their house and drink all their beer.

#6 Pete247

Pete247
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

i like your style Walt..... i could always use free beer...lol nothing better than a free beer except maybe a pan full of gold....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users