• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rod

Rod

Chief Imagination Officer and Nuggeteer

• Root Admin
  • 4,481 posts
  • Twitter:@AtomicNumber79
  • Interests:Humor, laugh at myself all the time.
  • Equipment:GP Extreme, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT (sold to AZBill), Keene 140 Drywasher, Super Hi-Vac, Ford 4x4s, Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4, Keene RC1 Rock Crusher, Hard Rock Mining Tools

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Well considering the BLM disabled a lot of information when the Geo Communicator went bust for Mining (still has a lot of uses if you know how to work it) I let the Power Pack go. Over the last year I've had a lot of requests to bring it back but I can't get blood from a stone ;)

So here is the 2012 version, it has

Topo Maps
Aerial Photos
Township, Section and Range
Stream/Wash Layer
Road Layer
USGS Mineral Resource Data

Now I know some people have taken my original concept and made their own creations, I'm cool with that but as far as real time BLM data goes you just can't get it right now. AGP (this site) is still the home of the original...often imitated, never duplicated :)

Download link below
Attached File  Prospectors Power Pack 2012.kml   4.26K   208 downloads

#2 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

Good map to help me along in my learning....... Is there a way to see behind or make the map transparent when i click on the "USGS Mineral Resources" and it covers the map up with a color that i can't see behind it at the regular aerial or topo map??
Joe

#3 Rod

Rod

Chief Imagination Officer and Nuggeteer

• Root Admin
  • 4,481 posts
  • Twitter:@AtomicNumber79
  • Interests:Humor, laugh at myself all the time.
  • Equipment:GP Extreme, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT (sold to AZBill), Keene 140 Drywasher, Super Hi-Vac, Ford 4x4s, Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4, Keene RC1 Rock Crusher, Hard Rock Mining Tools

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

Joe, transparency is a feature of Google Earth not the power pack and how depends on the version of Google Earth you are using, its very easy. Take a look at the Google Earth help files, that's what they are there for...I believe in teaching a man to fish...Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life :)

#4 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Thanks Rod...... Just looking for a direction to go in and then i investigate it.
I go by the same values but not all want to go that route and want the easy way out.
I remember reading somewhere and i think it was your posting on this transparency subject but it should be easy enough to go into google earth help files
I have the latest version of google earth and will look into it.............. Thanks,
Joe

#5 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Rod took a bit looking around but it was actually right in front of my face all the time: On the left hand side there's a search magnifying glass and just to the right of it is a square box and when you hover over it it says "Adjust Opacity" ..... a simple click on that and it did exactly what i need to see the background map...... now to make that fish dinner LOL
thanks,
Joe

#6 Walt (Anchorage)

Walt (Anchorage)
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 223 posts
  • Location:Anchorage, AK & San Tan Valley, AZ. Claims in the Ruby Mining district, Alaska
  • Interests:Prospecting, Flying and Gold Rush history.
  • Equipment:GB2, MXT, TDI, 3' dredge

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

.Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life :)

Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day... :beer:

#7 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Fishin is the Bee's Knee's.....especially when i lived on the Atlantic Ocean....Love Smoked Whiting n Beer :beer:
Walt....Can't help but notice your Avatar of the plane. I have a good friend that lives in Texas now but he Lived up there in Alaska for many years and owned four planes up there and talks about it all the time. His name is Bob C. (I don't want to put his last name out there on the forum without his permission)
Joe Z

#8 Walt (Anchorage)

Walt (Anchorage)
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 223 posts
  • Location:Anchorage, AK & San Tan Valley, AZ. Claims in the Ruby Mining district, Alaska
  • Interests:Prospecting, Flying and Gold Rush history.
  • Equipment:GB2, MXT, TDI, 3' dredge

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

Joe,
Approximately one in every fifty Alaskan's is a pilot. We have very few roads in a state twice the size of Texas. Most of the towns in Alaska, even our capitol, are not connected by roads but every little town and village has an airport. When there's not an airport we land on beaches and gravel bars. That's why I consider my airplane a prospecting tool.
Walt

#9 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Alaska sounds like a beautiful place..... my friend tells me he would go out into places with the plane and not see other people for weeks and he would just hunt and fish.He told me that once you go to Alaska it will spoil you. We (wife and myself) need to get up there someday.
Enjoy :)
Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users