Photo

DIY Hand Trommel on a Shoestring Budget

trommel classifier sluice high banker drywasher drum separate homemade plans equipment

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 malo

malo
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

Posted Image

Mike's Trommel

http://mlaine.homeip.net/Trom/Trom

Here you'll find free plans to build an inexpensive, compact, and light weight hand trommel. It is designed to classify quantity material for your dry-washer, highbanker, sluice, pan, or garden, and can also be used as a worm harvester, gemstoner, or even an arrowhead sifter. The cost of parts is around $50 US.  If you're anything like me then this DIY is at the right price!  Have fun finding gold!  Be sure to check out the videos on the trommel site.  They'll show you the trommel in action along with mesh change ideas.

Cheers,
Mike

Posted Image

#2 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

Mike.....
I finished mine yesterday and the free plans where perfect and easy to follow. thanks for taking the time to post this and i can classify a five gallon pail down in about forty seconds.I even did the bungee cords in the legs and will use that trick for other items.... while some family commitments have me tied up for the next few months i should be able to get out in the field late fall to give it a try.
thanks again,
Joe
IMG_1941.JPG

#3 malo

malo
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Well done Joe. I bet you can hardly wait to get that beast out in the field. My partner and I went to the claim the next morning and had more fun turning the trommel than digging for gold. Great fun! Find lots of gold.
Mike

#4 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

Definitely a nice item...... did quite a few pails in the yard and your right i can't wait to get it out in the field LOL
Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users