Arizona Dredging Permits

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rockin Chair

Rockin Chair
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:05 PM

We are coming to Arizonia in the spring, and would like to do some dredging. Is a dredging permit required & Where do you apply for a permit?
We lived in Arizona in the mid 1980's and there was no such hassles. Belonged to the Road Runners Prospecting club in those days.
Your help would be appreciated.

Rick
GPAA/LDMA Member since 2000
USPS Retired

#2 Rod

Rod

Chief Imagination Officer and Nuggeteer

• Root Admin
  • 4,482 posts
  • Twitter:@AtomicNumber79
  • Interests:Humor, laugh at myself all the time.
  • Equipment:GP Extreme, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT (sold to AZBill), Keene 140 Drywasher, Super Hi-Vac, Ford 4x4s, Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4, Keene RC1 Rock Crusher, Hard Rock Mining Tools

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:47 PM

Welcome Rockin Chair beer.gif

No permits needed to my knowledge but there is a size limit that is 3 inches I think. Been years since I dredged in AZ so I have not kept up on it.

#3 lazy prospector

lazy prospector
  • Prospector / Miner
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Rockin Chair @ Feb 1 2008, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are coming to Arizonia in the spring, and would like to do some dredging. Is a dredging permit required & Where do you apply for a permit?
We lived in Arizona in the mid 1980's and there was no such hassles. Belonged to the Road Runners Prospecting club in those days.
Your help would be appreciated.

Rick
GPAA/LDMA Member since 2000
USPS Retired

i think you need permits in the prescott national forest i know the road runners get all that taken care for you when your a member and if your not it probably be cheaper to pay for a year membership with them last time i checked with the forest service it would have been 300 dollars and they wanted to know where id be and make sure i would fill in the holes or i would be fined ] yada yada yada road runners have claims on turkey and some around cleater hope that helps you out lazy prospector

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users